Friday, July 31, 2009

Margot & Sterling celebrate 40 years together!

Margot & Sterling's 40th wedding anniversary was Saturday, July 11th. Us 6 kids surprised them with a happy anniversary party/family reunion weekend. It was some feat, but we managed to ACTUALLY keep it a surprise. :) Siblings flew in from So. Cal. (Steph), Salt Lake City (Audrey), and Cincinnati (Emily) for the occasion. The rest of us were within driving distance :) It was very fulfilling to know that all the hard work and back and forth phone calls/emails paid off and my parents were genuinely astounded by our surprise.


We reminisced about childhood memories, had my parents play a newlywed-esque game, and showed a slide show of photos from my parents 40 years together (that we had stolen from my mom since Christmas!). Saturday morning some of us spent time in the temple together doing sealings with my Dad, who recently became a sealer. That was really neat. Our last surprise was Sunday morning at church, when for the "special musical number" listed on the program, my 3 sisters and I got up to sing a song. My mom was totally shocked.

It was a blast. And hanging out with family all weekend was a blast too!

Congratulations Mom & Dad!

0 comments: